Saturday, November 10, 2012

Back to work!

Today November 10,2012 is a blessing!

Today I am enjoying my first "night" back to Solutions.  I was suppose to have worked yesterday but I was notified Thursday that they needed me to work 8pm till 8am Friday night thru Monday night.  I immediately set to have a non-sleeping slumber party with my oldest daughter(since she already works nights)  Thursday so I could sleep all day Friday and therefore work the night shift following.

I stayed up all night long and then went home at 8:30am to precede to pass out from exhaustion ,  I passed out but my body naturally woke up two hours later and refused to go back to sleep!  Two o'clock came and still no sleep after being up for 32 hours with only two hours of sleep....I had to sadly call my boss and explain my dilemma.  Explaining that I did not want to let her down by falling asleep on the job she quickly gave me a number to a co-worker to see if he could fill in for me.  Thank God this co-worker agreed and I could relax knowing the shift was comvered and no longer keep looking at clock counting if I fall asleep now, I can sleep 4 hours and would that be enough to stay awake?  No God helped me out and I relaxed, I stayed awake till 11pm Friday and took a five hour nap, then got up so that I could sleep more in day and be sure to make it to work tonight.  Wow, not easy changing one's body to night rather than days!  I was so exhausted on Friday , I feared I'd end up in hospital due to the symptoms of MS taking me over from the lack of sleep.

There are three main things I must do to keep my symptoms at a minimum and that is REST, EAT PROPERLY and KEEP STRESS DOWN!   I am blessed now to be back at solutions and with a work family that will work with me on what schedule works best for me and one with the least stress.

Thank you God for always taking care of me when I can not take care of myself!  

No comments:

Post a Comment